’Enhance skills and competences to boost ecological innovation in automotive industry’ (DRIVEN)
The project´s ambition is to build a well-educated group of people able to contribute to improvement of attributes of vehicles that will have less negative impact on the environment as such. To continuously improve the car as an important mean of transportation, knowledge and skills that are relatively new needed. For this purpose training and awareness raising is needed. The project by its content and focus on combining the car industry and higher education for green and circular economy will improve the education and training of people who will be able to contribute to green targets in the automotive industry.
In the light of new pandemic crisis, the utmost importance of automotive industry as employers and buyers has been demonstrated by shot down of these flagships of economy, their recovery and restart will be very important in the upcoming years. Taking into account the environmental needs within preparation of young people for the industry, the project priorities are well defined and focused. The project aims to:
- tackle future skills mismatches and to promote excellence in skills development;
- build connected, effective and efficient higher education systems;
- ensure higher education institutions contribute to innovation.
Target groups involved directly to activities are: academic staff and students, who will be provided with innovative learning materials but also other higher education are research institutions, companies and associations who will benefit from experience and knowledge exchange that the project outputs bring to them.
The list of main results of the project is composed of the following elements:
- comparative analysis of dual education programs in the field of automotive industry in partner countries and elsewhere in Europe;
- implementation of an improved educational program in dual education;
- developing innovative courses and textbooks in English and in national languages of the partners;
- designing a portal and a dedicated e-learning platform concentrating relevant know-how;
- carrying out joint training activities in form of combined courses and trainings for the staff from different partner organizations, ensuring connections and cooperation between industry and educational institutions;
- developing guides for promoting the partnership and its innovative approaches, identified good practices when it comes to broad-minded courses and new research and business
ideas in applying circular economy in the automotive industry;
- proposals on policy recommendations focused on implementation of dual education in the automotive industry influenced by circular and green economy principles and approaches;
- disseminated information on the project and ait achievements in form of elaborated articles published in relevant media, and presentations at relevant events.